Friday, October 19, 2007

blogs & wikis & podcasts, oh my!!

I only THOUGHT my brain hurt after the sessions on blogging and wikis! I am still wading through the articles on podcasting so I will have more to say on that subject when I have read all of them thoroughly. I ALWAYS have something to say about every little thing. :)
I read the article about YouTube...I have received several forwards from friends that have videos to watch from YouTube and I guess I never really thought about checking out the actual website. Unbelievable! Scary too, but WOW. You can see just about anything and everything. I do see the potential for video podcasting to be an asset in the classroom but only if monitored VERY closely. Kids today are so much smarter than we are and it is frightening what they might stumble upon or even intentionally do while online. Off to read more about the technology that I can't seem to comprehend...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have sooo much to do!!!!!!!!!! Wikis, podcasts, bloggs, webcast, descussion boards -- Holy %^&#$^!
Hang in there one more week!!!!!!!!!!

Emma Eager said...

I really like podcasting; it is a good tool that teachers can use to enhance their lessons. Podcasts can be a plus for auditory learners. I am searching for podcasts that will help with study skills.