Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Limited Time

I have left my children in the tub so long tonight that I am sure when I walk into their bathrooms that they will be little raisins sitting in cold water. I have been trying to wade through all the information for the class and I am more confused than when I began. Where do I go to get back to the feeds I subscribed to?
No time to tell about the adventures at the Memphis Zoo...I still have not recovered! lol We did have a great time but *WHEW* it wore me out! The bus ride in itself was an adventure. Especially since some wisecracking parent (or a parent ON crack) sent a horn with their child to play with on the bus ride. This child was sitting 2 seats behind me. Oh joy. The teacher came out in me and I politely told her to stuff that thing back in her knapsack. :)
Gotta run take care of my little golden raisins...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I have a 3 year and a 7 month old. I can not imagine the first field trip. I also will be on the bus with all the other 5 year olds. Very busy as well, I am actually a little ahead this week. My 7 month old got tubes in his ears this morning -- so I took a sick day. I am able to catch up while he is napping. Godd luck with the class.

Shelly said...

I vaguely remember the days of the first field trips! No I can't say that, I DO remember those days--and that was 15 years ago! As I am a teacher as well as a parent, I was often the parent that did NOT get to go on the field trips, or to special days at the school. However, whenever I was on medical leave--and there for a while it seemed to be all the time--I would try my best to sign up as a chaperone with the kids trips. It was so much fun. Even now as I take my special needs students on field trips it is still fun. And I think I need the naps now more than I did then--it's horrible to get old! But I found that when I could get my own kids to take a nap that was the perfect time for me to take a nap. I miss those days. Not so much that I want to repeat them--and thankfully the internal plumbing has been taken care of so there aren't any more. But I am looking forward to going with my future grandkids. One of 5 is married and is being smart about waiting to have kids. Number 2 is schedule to marry in about 18 months--and again swears they are going to wait to have kids. At the moment number 3 has no prospects. Number 4 is getting too serious, but doesn't want marriage or kids until after college. Number 5 is still in high school and I hope he waits for several more years before giving me any grandkids!!! Maybe by the time I get number 5 married off I can retire and enjoy the grandkids. Although, by then I probably will have to continue working to pay for all the spoiling--or as my Mom called it, "Over loving"--that my husband and I will be doing.
By the way Jewels, be sure to check out Dragon's Dolphin's blog to see the little happy I found just for you and your hubby--a true "Fireman's Frog"! Know you'll understand--even if others that read this won't!