Monday, October 29, 2007

Whew

I sent out my lesson template and feel as though I know no more than I knew going in to this...no really, in all seriousness...I learned A LOT and am just now hoping to remember where to find it all and that I CAN use various tools with my students to enhance their learning without being afraid to "explore". I do plan to be a helicopter teacher while using these new tools (you know, like the helicopter parent that I am...HOVER, HOVER, HOVER) and I hope that my students will gain knowledge of the computer from this as well. Although that isn't my #1 goal, it would be an added bonus.
Must go now...will check back again tomorrow.
Nitey nite

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Trust me girl friend, you (and I) have come a long way with this technology stuff in the last 7 weeks. You should in NO WAY feel like you know nothing more than you did when we started. Your blog is great--and venting is a wonderful way to use this blog. And in the event that others (other than I) pop in on you and comment--you'll still have us to bounce ideas off and vent to and scream and yell in frustration, and etc. That's still how I will use mine as well. Please don't forget Shell's Specialty of the Day--I look forward to your comments there as well. In the event that (as you said either here or in another post) you can't find everything--I will be posting a whole list of websites, podcasts, blogs, wikis etc. of those that have been used/pointed out in either our discussions or in the templates of the 17 of us. So if all else fails, stop by my blog and see if what you're looking for is there! Be sure to read what I said to Vicky in her blog about hovering--don't want to repeat myself! It's been great getting to know you girl. And if you ever need any help with your daughter, I'll be there for you if you need me. Of course, I may not have any answers that you like or that will help--and may not have any answers at all. But I make a good shoulder to cry on or yell at when venting is needed!